Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dinners a l'art

Back in May I had the privilege of participating in a fundraiser for the Mississippi Museum of Art.  Fellow Jackson artist William Goodman and I collaborated at one of the dinners titled "Dinners a l'art" put on by the Board of Trustees at Gallery 119 in downtown Jackson.  I wrote an article about our experience for Number: an independent arts journal published for the tri-state region of Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee.  On their website you get a pdf of the publication, and you can become a member to support the non-profit Number:inc and receive the journal in print quarterly.  The summer issue, No. 72 has a collaboration theme.  Below you can see the pieces William and I created together.
 
"Dinner Star"
Mixed Media on handmade paper
 
 
"Take out"
Mixed Media on panel

 
William Goodman and me (Jerrod Partridge)
Courtesy Mississippi Museum of Art
 

No comments:

Post a Comment